Monday, August 10, 2009

We now return you to the regularly scheduled program.

People have been asking me when my next blog post would appear. Well, to tell the truth, using the term "people" would imply that more than one person is interested in a new post and that may or may not be the case. My father (Hi Dad!) seems to enjoy reading my "rants" as he calls them. Does it count as being "people" when he then prints it off for my mother (Hi Mom!) Does it count if said "people" are related to you? I do have a stat counter to show where my blog hits come from and for some strange reason - this is the honest truth - the RCMP checks out my blog. Surely the RCMP counts as "people" but then they aren't really clamoring for me to create more posts. Also, I have a real RCMP friend and he assures me that the RCMP, while they do indeed check blogs, do not use "RCMP" in their e-mail addresses.


I admit that I have a regular blog routine where I click through a list of faves to see what is happening in various photography, scrapbooking, recipe and mom blogs. Sometimes I even switch up the routine and start at the bottom of the list. Can you believe that some people have the nerve to not have new posts up when I go to visit their blogs? How annoying is that? I have a friend who adopted a baby in Asia and she faithfully blogged almost every day about their trip there to get him and then left me hanging high and dry with a blog post entitled "Trip to Mui Ne" where they frolic at a beach resort with the new baby. No follow up posts like "We've arrived home safe and sound (Not to mention absolutely exhausted.)" No "4 am feedings really suck!" Of course this is a friend IRL (in real life, Mom and Dad) so I could call her but that would defeat the point of having her on my blog list.



Truth be told, I like to write. I get lots of good (?? OK, using this term liberally) ideas. I sit in front of my computer for hours on end anyways. Not so sure why I can't get the proverbial pen to the proverbial paper on a more regular basis. Could be that my life is busy (just forget about that part above were I mentioned sitting in front of my computer for hours on end.) Probably not a good excuse - 2 of the blogs I am faithful to are written by a mom of 6 and a mom of pre-school triplets - I'm sure they would both love to be just "busy" instead of on full speed ahead turbo boost 24/7.



So, I've decided I'm going to try and resurrect this blog. I'm hoping to post on a more regular basis. My track record of one post every few months means I can post just once a month and that would be more regular but I'm going to aim real high and "GASP" try for a weekly post.

See you next week...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad too see thet youre back neisy.

Jed

KelMur & Co. said...

wow, I'm really behind, I didn't even see I got a mention til now! Yet I still feel pretty cool! haha!